Wednesday 2 January 2008

Two weeks today - Aaaaarrrggghhhhh

Well its two weeks today, and it just gets scarier and more real by the day. Today I sold my car, it seems truly ironic that I buy a rather OTT car that I hardly get a great deal of 'top down' use out of, then when I am upping sticks and moving to a country where I would get some proper use, I have to sell it. There really is no justice in the world. Plus, due to the fact that I used it as a van during a flat renovation it of course is in not great nick and not worth as much as it should be.


This picture is one of the courtyards in the new house in Spain. The new kitchen leads off of this courtyard. Every time I look at these photos it reminds me of something you might see on 'Grand Designs', which is great until you remember all the stress, trouble, strains and problems they have on that program. And thats without temperatures of over 40c in the summer.

Today we have also booked the dog box for Geri, she will hate going on a plane but its got to be less stressful than about two or three days driving in a car with her.

One of the hardest tasks I have had so far is trying to cancel the BT phone line, you would think this would be the easiest thing in the world considering they are 'the' phone company. Firstly, I was put through to a call centre in India(BT, the great British institution), where, when I suggested that I might want to cancel my BT contract, the lady promptly said her computer had gone down and hung up on me. Then I emailed them, and I got an automated reply stating that there may be a delay in them replying, due to high levels of interest in the new and improved broadband service. Surely, if its that improved, it would help them to deal with more email queries? Dickheads!


Also Im struggling to come to terms with the fact that at least for a while Im not gonna have any football to play. Or even watch. Unless its on the BBC. I have just watched the dire Bolton v Derby game and found myself watching just because Im not going to be able to for long. Thats bad. I have at least packed a couple of footballs so I will be able to at least play wallball on my own if I really get withdrawl symptoms.